The Iota Kappa Chapter of Alpha Phi was founded in 2007. Since then, our chapter has been growing and maintaining traditions of our international organization, while creating new traditions of our own!
In 2012, construction was completed on our beautiful house on 2 North Park Street in Hanover, NH. The home features 23 rooms, a large kitchen, living room, and basement. Many sisters choose to live in the home during sophomore summer, and in their junior and senior years at Dartmouth. The house fosters a well-rounded community, and we typically host many events for our members at our house throughout the term, including professor dinners, sisterhood dinners and spotlights, Shondaland Thursdays, movie nights, and of course meetings!
- Termly "Women of Alpha Phi" evening, where sisters share experiences in their favorite extracurricular activities, funny stories, or experiences overcoming hardship in their lives
- Sisterhood retreat during sophomore summer
- Sunday night sisterhood dinners
- Creation of a "phood" chair, a sister who, with help, cooks some of our sisterhood and professor dinners throughout the term
- Alpha Phifa and Cupcake Wars
- Jewelry Studio and Rollerblading sisterhood events